Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Fun Day


06j59
Originally uploaded by paddlepastor
What a great time I had on the river yesterday. Jesse and his eldest needed some father/son time. Eric hasn't been on the water in a couple of months. And Cody was out from Minnesota visiting his dad, but really wanted to go kayaking. And it all worked out. What a sweet opportunity to take the kayaks the Lord has blessed me with, and put them to good use providing fun & fellowship for others.

I love the water. Getting out in my kayak provides a real soul restorer for me. Beauty, solitude, fellowship, exercise, the coolness of the water on a hot summer day, these are just a few of the blessings available when I go kayaking.

I love to share this experience. Over the last 20 years I have literally taken out hundreds of people. I can count on one hand how many have NOT enjoyed the experience. So many end up remarking on the same qualities of enjoyment as me. And quite a few have made purchases as a result (hey, kayak/canoe industry, you owe me a commission!).

I am really happy that the Lord has blessed me with a ministry that includes kayaking.

9 comments:

Agent B said...

Sounds like the CEO created you for this very gig: 12 step ministry and kayaking. Excellent.

I'm waiting for a ministry to the poor involving a cafe and live music.

Maybe some day...

Anonymous said...

I have a canoe but have tried a kayak once before. I like them better.

Anonymous said...

It’s exciting to see the way God is blessing your ministry, which is very inspiring. I checked out your photos and enjoyed the action and beauty. Thanks for sharing.

RCM- Steve said...

agent b,

I'd like to hear more of your dream. Just the idea of it sounds very potent & unique. What an impact it could have.

Yes someday, maybe soon, let's hope and pray.

RCM- Steve said...

Carl,

I started canoeing 20 years ago, kayaking 15 years ago, and went to using just kayaks about 6 years ago. I love 'em.

When I get out your way next, let's do some paddling together. I've never done anything on the east coast.

RCM- Steve said...

kayak angel 8,

I'm glad you too have gotten so much enjoyment from kayaking. And thanks for all the times you shared your fleet with us. It's been very helpful.

Safe paddling to you.

Agent B said...

More about my dream for "The Table" can be found here and here, as well as various other places throughout the agent b files...

Thanks for asking (and praying).

RCM- Steve said...

agent b,

Thanks for the links; already read them a month ago, but I re-read 'em again. That's why I think your vision is potent and real.

I encourage any of my other guests reading this post and comments to follow agent b's links to see some real faith in action...

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve, I have been trying to contact you. I was wondering if you or someone you know is doing any counseling? I would love to hear from you. You can e-mail me at queenyrgs@yahoo.com
I will explain more about my situation when I have a contact number or some way to contact you. Thanks so much, Raeane Greenhalgh