Monday, April 16, 2007

A Time of Giving

There are so many bloggers who have responded to Rick Meigs request on behalf of John Smulo of SmuloSpace. The response has been really good. Talking with John about his needs, the difficulty in letting it be known to others, and the humbling but grateful sense of help coming in has resulted in some real growth in us and in glory given to the Lord.

I've just started blogging and so many of you I do not know, but I read so many of your sites and have been personally blessed by your thoughts, hurts, musings, studies, and your dreams. How I wish I could meet you. But distance has not stopped us from getting to hear each other and even knowing each other.

In one of John's recent posts, he talks about the validity of fellowship even though it's done through virtual means. I can not affirm this more than what I have seen these last few days in regards to John's needs. The virtual community of bloggers has stepped forward so generously and wonderfully, though the actual number of you that have met John face to face is extremely small. This has not stopped you from a tremendous demonstration of your love. Do we need proof greater than this of our love and commitment that has been established by the tool of the internet? I think not.

I can't really thank you on behalf of John. That's his priviledge. But I do thank you, all of you, for inspiring me.

SteveR.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve,

Thank you for your support. I'm blessed that you're blessed by my being blessed--yes, I'm almost positive that made sense, but I probably could have said that better!

RCM- Steve said...

You're welcome John!