Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Flowing into the world of blogging.

Yes, I've made a late start into the world of blogging compared to most, but I'm ready to take the plunge.

A big thank you to John Smulo over at SmuloSpace for posting the question which blog services did his readers prefer most. Lots of good answers came in. Blogger seemed to be the most popular. I'm looking for simplicity more than anything else, quick & easy, graphically intuitive. You see, I've got a life to live, an active & interesting one at that, and I don't want to spend too much time at the computer (something I've done in the past). So here goes.

This blog will be about my three main passions, all rolled up in one: Kayaking, Recovery, & Christianity. These interests may at first appear disparate, and perhaps my interests are a bit eclectic, but they help make my life wonderfully my own. And in the future, as my postings began to grow in number, you might begin to see a golden thread running through each of these passions that ties them all together.

4 comments:

John Smulo said...

Let me be the first to welcome you to the blogosphere!

You are a huge blessing to all of us in your everyday life, and I know the blogging world will be richer for having you here.

RCM- Steve said...

Thanks, John. I am glad that you are the first to comment.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! This is exciting and John's right, you are a blessing in your everyday life. I read your pages to Sharon over the phone, and we are both smiling with enthusiasm over your new adventure. Congratulations!!

Kayak Angel 8

Windy said...

Hi Steve. Good idea this blogging thing. Kayaking, recovery and Jesus...can it get any better than that? Not for me. Thanks for great fun in the kayak. After that 8mile trip I felt a profound inner peace...and I also wanted to go kayaking everyday! Windy